Council Tool JP40DV36C Velvicut American Felling Axe
An US made heirloom quality tool for the serious outdoorsman.
This 4 lb. heirloom quality American felling axe is produced by Council Tools most experienced artisans. The Dayton pattern is a timeless full-sized felling axe preferred by skilled woodsmen. Significant care is taken during the forging and finishing process. The axe head sharpened by an experienced craftsman using increasingly fine abrasives and finished with leather stropping. A sharp axe is a safe axe as it is less likely to glance out of the cut. Be assured that this axe has been hand-honed razor sharp by Council Tool's skilled craftsmen.
- All components are Made in USA.
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy tool steel for strength, toughness, durability and the ability to hold an edge.
- The working edge is tempered to Rc 52-56 to hold an edge without becoming brittle.
- 36 in. handle is made of Grade “A” American hickory selected for grain orientation and density.
- The axe head is coated with oil to prevent rusting and to showcase its natural beauty.
- A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- A premium leather sheath is included to protect the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening and an embossed Council Tool logo. Sheath is Made in USA.