36″ straight wooden single-bit axe handle made from fine quality Hickory wood.
- The wooden handle is kiln dried to below 10% moisture content to prevent shrinkage.
- Included is an aluminum, wedge.
- Made in USA.
How do I replace a wooden handle?
To replace a wooden handle, first clean the eye thoroughly. Store the handle overnight in a warm, dry room to ensure dryness. Fit the new handle with a rasp or sandpaper. The handle should be driven tight into head. Saw the handle flush with the head, then drive the aluminum wedge in flush with the head.
Compatible with these axes:
- Council Tool 35MD26 Dayton pattern 3.5 lb miner's axe with 26″ straight handle
- Council Tool 35DR36C Dayton pattern 3.5 lb single bit axe with 36" curved hickory handle
- Council Tool 35DR36S Dayton pattern 3.5 lb single bit axe with 36" straight hickory handle
- Council Tool 35MJ26 Jersey pattern 3.5 lb axe with 26″ straight hickory wood handle
- Council Tool SU35J36C Jersey pattern 3.5 lb single bit axe with 36″ curved handle
- Council Tool SU35J36S Jersey pattern 3.5 lb single bit axe with 36″ straight hickory handle
- Council Tool SU35JC32C 3.5 lb. Jersey Classic
- Council Tool 40DR28S Dayton pattern single bit axe with 28″ straight hickory handle