The New Saddle Axe from Council Tool Co.Axe is a traditional Velvicut® Premium US Made Axe pattern. Drop forged from 5160 steel, known for its superior characteristics and blade retention. This axe is a beautiful axe, however it was designed and manufactured for work. It has been heat treated, tempered and crafted with a distinctive flat grind on each blade for maximum versatility.
- This specific design is a multifunctional and packable axe pattern that received its name from being traditionally carried in a saddle bag while on horseback.
- The innovative yet traditional American Pattern sports phantom bevels that greatly reduce surface friction and bite deeper than many convex bladed axes and the bevels also serve for easy removal of the axe bit after a deep cut into the wood.
- The highly versatile Saddle Axe design has the extremely sharp 25 degree flat grind on the left blade for cutting, shaving, and carving and a more robust 32 degree flat grind on the right blade for notching, splitting and heavier jobs.
- Select 16” Hickory Handle
- All features combine to make a very well designed, versatile and useful axe.
- All Velvicut Saddle Axes come with a fine leather double bit blade cover.