Council Tool 5# Wedge
- Drop Forged from American high carbon steel
- beveled around the “struck” face to deter chipping and cracking
- Designed to split logs, firewood, staves and other wood products
- Sharpened and ready to use
- tapered for efficient splitting
- Coated with a clear lacquer finish.
- Made in USA.
When using wedges, always use a woodchopper’s maul (Council 60MA, 80MA, PR60M or PR80M) or an axe to make a starting notch. Wedges should be struck by a sledge hammer or woodchopper’s maul with a larger striking face than the struck face of the wedge.